Saturday, August 30, 2008

Strikers fundraiser

Tonight the boys on Jayden's Strikers soccer team stood outside the Neighborhood Walmart and sold Papa Murphy's coupon cards. They are trying to earn money for equipment and extra training. Jayden surprised me and went right to work. He confidently approached everyone as they were about to enter the store. When his assigned hour was up, he surprised me again. He did not want to leave. He wanted to keep selling. Tonight's experience just supports my "Jayden theory". I am always telling people that he is not shy. He is just confidently quiet. He says what he needs to and in his logical mind he completed his task. Tonight he did just that. He was not uncomfortable. He had a job to do, so it was time to speak up. It was really fun to watch him in action tonight. I also enjoyed getting to chat with some of the boys on his team. I am usually cheering from the sidelines during the games. Not much time for interaction. It was nice to get to know some of the boys off of the field too.
I would also like to send out a big thank you to our family and friends for supporting us in this fundraiser. It is very appreciated!!!

3 comments:

The Fabulous Five said...

Kim,

You're such a great mom! I loved looking over your blog. Cute kids, cute family. I look forward to seeing the updates.
- The Martins
rick-mel-martin-family.blogspot.com/

Thomas/Monk Family said...

kim I LOVE your blog!!! you have such a cute family,it has been such a joy to get to know your family.

Zack and Julie Martin said...

Hey we would like to help out the soccer team!!! Call me and let me know how much!!

HerWray4Martin shared our daily (weekly) life with...