Thursday, September 4, 2008

Devon earned his blue belt!



Devon earned his blue belt in August. This was the first parent's day since he received it. The boys stretched out and then demonstrated their sparring abilities. Devon got right in there and threw some great punches and kicks. A little ways into it. I was hit with very strong emotion. Devon nailed a boy right in the mouth and the kid went to the ground. Devon immediately went up to him. I could tell he was saying, "are you all right" and "I'm sorry." I was sitting on the sidelines watching my sweet boy go from sparring to compassion with great ease. He looked so concerned. I know it's Karate and these things will happen, but as a mother, I loved seeing the loving side I have tried so hard to teach my children. As hard as he was sparring, I was fighting back the tears just as hard.

No comments:

HerWray4Martin shared our daily (weekly) life with...