Monday, May 30, 2011

Matt and I renewed our vows!

Makenna was our flower (bubble) girl.
Matt and I were married 13 years ago on February 28, 1998.


We wanted to renew our vows as a way to focus on each other and share our love with our children.


13 years later, Matt's kiss still makes my knees weak.



It was a very special night for the 5 of us.



When we got married in 1998, we had no idea that we would have three children within the next three years.




Matt, 35, Kim, 35, Jayden, 12, Devon, 11, and Makenna 8.




We renewed our vows at "The Little White Wedding Chapel" in Las Vegas.



This past year, Matt and I have focused on each other in a way that we have been unable since we started having children. We go on a weekly date night no matter how busy our schedules. We spend lots of time snuggling and sharing our feelings for each other. This might all sound completely obnoxious, but after putting all of our attention towards so many other things in life, we realized the importance of putting each other FIRST. Yes, we love our kids, and they are a priority, but one day they will grow up and have their own families. Matt and I will need to stand strong on our own. With the foundation we are building, I feel confident in US. We are also showing our kids a great example of what a husband and wife can be. I have always, and will probably always, mourn my kids getting older. By putting focus back into my marriage, i also feel the excitement of life to come when they are grown. This may sound small to some, but is a huge thought changing milestone for me.




From the ceremony, we rode the limo back to the hotel. The next day, we dropped the kids off at my parent's house in Lemoore and left for our "honeymoon". We were off to Hollywood, Florida, Carnival Cruiseline and the Bahamas!


No comments:

HerWray4Martin shared our daily (weekly) life with...